This climbing plant, with its fragrant yellow flowers, is native to southern states of U.S. and, despite being attractive to look at, it is poisonous if eaten. ingesting large quantities will affect the respiratory system and movement, leading to shaking, inflammation, and paralisys. historuically, its medical uses were first noted when a farmer in mississipi in the 1840´s accidentaly ate the plant’s root and found his fever was cured. it was used as a treatment for fevers in herbalism before beeing proven in homeopathy.